Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Things That Delight

Marilynne Robinson tied the bow on my dress this Sunday.

India gave her first ever reading of a poem and two jokes that she wrote to a packed house on Friday. It was pure awesomeness.

Nick Flynn is coming to class next semester and I am dying, dying of happiness.

One of India's babysitters just published a piece in the The York Times.

I was just accepted to go to Corfu for two weeks this summer to write. Ha!

I'm taking a class on St. Augustin next semester.

We're going home in nine days!

5 comments:

deanna said...

Last evening I thought about the two of you and prayed. Couldn't have imagined all these goodnesses. Wish I could've seen you first meeting Marilynne R. So glad you can go home for Christmas. Yay for Augustine.

I have a friend who was just published in the NYT. Gary Presley, in Modern Love. These are fun times.

Janna Barber said...

I'm quite a bit jealous right now. I'm not sure I still like you and want to be your friend.

When are you gonna brave a road trip down south?

Angela said...

deanna,
reading that you prayed for me made my heart so fat and happy. thank you.

janna,
i KNOW! i'm so into a road trip. it's gotta happen. it's going to happen!

Rachel Yoder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Yoder said...

Wait, wait, wait. Nick Flynn is coming next semester??????? When? And where? He is my FAVE.

Also, I'm going to Corfu, too (rhymes).

Also, I bet India's jokes are amazing.