Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Curious Adventures

I want to write and tell you all about how we missed our plane ride home yesterday, how I tried really hard not to cry in front of the gum snapping girl at the airline counter who rolled her eyes at me, how another kind woman got us a different flight home, how we were met at the airport with so many wide flung arms and hard hugs, how I almost cried when I saw my momma looking so thin in her black coat, how when we got to her house at 1:00 in the morning we sat on her bed and poured over the flavour map of chocolates and ate three in a row, one right after the other, and then drank tea on the couch until we were sleepy and warm. But mostly, more than anything, I want to tell you how my family is safe. How we will be together for Christmas, how my little brother and sisters are staying, how this time joy beat out grief, and how all I want to do is stuff all my family into one room together and just look and look and look at them all. And look.

4 comments:

Greg said...

the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living..

peace to you, and to them all.

Jodi said...

You're back!!! HURRAY!! And together! : ) Even better. I've been thinking about you all and praying.

Do you have time to come for a visit/dinner? How long do you get to stay?

I'm so glad you're so close. : ) Warms my heart.

Cherie said...

Happy for you, Angela. Your contentment fills this post and glistens my eyes.

Merry Christmas!

deanna said...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. Enjoy them tight.